The Craic House is the best bar on Malapascua, no ifs, buts or maybes. It’s an Irish pub on a Filipino beach, or a Filipino pub with warm Irish hospitality and a Celtic commitment to fun and frivolity. You choose.
Our goal is simple but almost unique in The Philippines – we want to provide a contemporary feel by ensuring progressive music, progressive food and cold, cold drinks are always available and affordable. Just because those Thresher dives can be a bit on the early side it doesn’t mean you should turn your back on one or two nights of food, music, conversation and fun at The Craic House.
We play the best music anywhere for miles and our 10,000+ song selection has something for every mood. We are currently the only bar in The Philippines that believes Gangnam is out of style, and the current top 40 hits are not fit for human consumption. By the time you reach us, you’ll know what we’re talking about. We’ll help create the soundtrack for your holiday and if we’re not getting it quite right just make a request with our friendly bar staff.
Most importantly The Craic House has gained a solid reputation for its service orientated philosophy and tasty original food. Our guests continue to rate us in high regard on trip advisor and we constantly strive to innovate and keep up with the ever changing trends and dietary needs of the current global traveler.
We refuse to have 150 dishes on our menu and we refuse to bend our identity, we are THE pub on Malapascua. At the Craic House you will find a smaller pub inspired menu and an ever changing specials board with a local ingredient flair. Using only the freshest local produce and the best imported ingredients available, you will find our menu to be familiar yet miles away. Put your trust in us and we will reward your taste buds.
To get your mouth watering, here are some dishes we serve on our menu or special board, many never before served in this country.
To get your mouth watering, here are some of our most popular dishes, many never before served in this country.
- Chili Garlic Shrimp Tacos with Mexican Rice
- Deep Fried Camembert with a Walnut Crust and a Mango Salsa
- Homemade Vegetable Samosas with Cumin Raita
- Prawn and Mango Salad served with Prawn Sesame Toast
- Grilled ‘Leaf Wrapped’ Beef Rolls with Nouc Cham (Fish Sauce Dip)
- Homemade Irish Whiskey Paté served with Housemade Soda Bread
- Homemade Beef Chili Con Carne Empanadas with Sour Cream
- Garlic and Thyme Pork Chop with Guinness Mustard & White Wine Cream Sauce, Butter Carrots and Green Beans with Champ Mash
- Pan Fried Fish Fillet with Spicy Beans and Chorizo, served with Homemade Crusty Bread
- Homemade Tuna Burger served with Jalapeno Mayo and a Nicoise Salad
- Homemade Pork and Apple Burger, Beer and Red Onion Relish with Sweet Potato Fries
- Pan Seared Dorado with a Green Olive Tapenade and Garlic and Rosemary Potatoes
- Fettuccine with Homemade Chorizo Meatballs and Homemade Arribiata Sauce
- Sesame Seared Tuna with Mango Salsa and Vegetable Fried Noodles
- House Smoked Beef Brisket on a bun with Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Baileys Cheesecake
- The Craic House Mango Cheesecake
- Toron Surprise with Ice Cream
- Chocolate and Banana Crepes
This is just a selection of our ever changing, dynamic menu cooked to order in Malapascua’s only Public House.
We also have a small wine selection available. Our wines have been paired to our menu by a French Sommelier who has extensively sampled our dishes – just ask your server for details. Our wines are imported directly from France and Italy.